Deep inhale… Exhale. A long Inhale… slow Exhale. And, just because… with a smile, take a slow purposeful Exhale. When you don’t know what to say or do, when the answers aren’t immediate just be Still and allow SILENCE to lead you.
Silence has often been one of my favourite teachers and a powerful liberator. In the infancy of my conscious spiritual journey, I held the notion that in order to receive the gifts of Silence I had to “go to the mountains”, or travel to so-called “holy lands”, or sit in areas where the vortex energy vibrates highest or, at the very least, do a formal structured Silent Retreat.
I have come to know that while being in those places have most definitely created huge transformative experiences, the power of Silence can be experienced wherever I Am. Over the years I have been integrating devoted time for Silence as part of my spiritual practice. What this means is that I retreat to absolute silence – no music, reading, writing – inner and outer stillness. Sometimes this practice is as brief as a couple of hours and other times it is a full day or more. At times I intended on 2 or 3 days and 3 hours gave me exactly what I need at the time. We will always know when we are complete; the key is to surrender to Source (However you define Source.).
Beloved, I offer you the gift of this sacred pause – SILENCE – One of the most effective tools of all times. This will support you in receiving what you desire swiftly, easily and effortlessly. The practice of Silence can be used to answer hard pressed questions, resolve challenges, or to celebrate a vision manifested. Your practice can be a Vipassana meditation retreat where you go away for several days of structured Silence, or you may choose to practice at home for 1/2 day to 2 days. Whatever your choice, it will be exactly what you need.
Here are 5 tips to support your spiritual practice of Silence:
- Consciously create uninterrupted space. Let those in your life know that you will be unavailable and inaccessible for a 1/2 day or 10 days; when others know what you’re doing and why they are more likely to support you.
- Set a very clear intention for this time. Make sure your intention clearly identifies what you are choosing to bring forward in the experience. Surrender to whatever is brought forward and avoid attachment to the “how”. Be gentle with yourself.
- Use the breath to still your mind and heart to perfect peace for the journey. Deep inhale… Exhale. Another inhale… Exhale. Repeat as often as you need before and during your practice.
- Gratitude will always magnify your experience and amplify your vibration. Make gratitude a way of being.
- Enjoy a well deserved experience. Be prepared for revelations and transformation long after in you sleeping moments and waking moments.
Loving you always and in all ways,